HAMILTON -- The Butler County Democratic Party is meeting on Thursday, October 19th, 2017 in the auditorium at D. Russell Lee Campus of Butler Tech, 3603 Hamilton Middletown Rd, Hamilton, OH 45011.
Among the items on the agenda, the party will:
- Local candidates on the November 7, 2017 general election ballot
- Appoint members to its Executive/Central Committees
- A presentation on messaging based on national focus group research
The meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. and is open to the public.
Contact the BCDP for directions or questions at 513-896-5201 or stop by headquarters at 224-226 Park Avenue, Hamilton, OH 45013.
Butler County Democratic Party Executive Committee
October 19, 2017 Meeting
Sign Up for a Phone Bank Shift to Recruit Volunteers AND
Sign Up for a Polling Place Shift to Pass Out Sample Ballots on Election Day
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Declaration of Quorum
- Meeting Minutes for August 17, 2017 Executive Committee Meeting – Brittany Maloney, Executive Committee Treasurer
- Treasurer’s Report – Mickey Smith, Central Committee Treasurer
- Membership Nominations – Kayla Danford, Membership Director
- David Ian Vanness to Executive Committee for Oxtwp1
- Marty Jendrek to Central Committee for WC24
- Joan Powell to Central Committee for WC2
- 2017 Democratic Candidates
- All Democratic candidates on the ballot in 2017 have been invited to speak for 2-3 minutes.
- A Winning Democratic Message: Presentation and Discussion
- Presentation of Focus Group Research
- Next Step: Crafting your story
- Old Business
- New Business
The final weeks before Election Day will be busy. Here are some important highlights:
- Phone Banks!!! Join us at a phone bank over the next few weeks to recruit polling place volunteers to pass out sample ballots on Election Day:
- Thursday, October 26 from 6-8pm at HQ
- Thursday, November 2 from 6-8pm at HQ
- 5th Annual Trap Shoot on Saturday, October 21, at Middletown Sportsmen’s Club. $35 for 50 targets and lunch. Registration at 10am; Shoot begins at 10:30.
- Democratic Women of SW Ohio Semi-Annual Trivia Contest: Dingle House in West Chester, 7-9:30pm on Thursday, October 26. $20 per person. Join fellow Democrats and progressives for a fun night of Trivia and raise money to support local Democratic women candidates!
- Sherrod Brown House Party with Senator Maggie Hassan. Senator Maggie Hassan, the newly elected Democratic Senator from New Hampshire, will be the special guest at a house party to raise grassroots money for Sherrod's campaign. The event will be from 11:00am to 12:30pm on Saturday, October 28, at the home of Mark Thompson and Marty Jendrek, 7826 Woodglen Drive, West Chester, OH 45056. Suggested contribution levels are Supporter $250, Ally $100, Advocate $50, or Friend $20. RSVP to email@example.com or (513) 258-9049. Checks payable to Friends of Sherrod Brown.
- Ohio Democratic Party State Dinner And Debate on Sunday, October 29, at the Columbus Convention Center. Seats are $100; proceeds benefit the Butler County Democratic Party’s assessment to the state Party.
Next Party Meeting – Thursday, November 16, at 7:00pm; Butler Tech D. Russell Lee Auditorium
Remember to Become a Sustaining Member of the Party: Donate Online or return your check payable to the Butler County Democratic Party today!
2017 Remaining Meeting Schedule
The following dates were adopted by the Governing Board of the Butler County Democratic Party for Executive Committee Meetings in 2017. Please mark your calendar to attend.
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 7:00pm
- Holiday Party TBD in December