HAMILTON -- The Butler County Democratic Party is meeting on Thursday, December 21, 2017, in the auditorium at D. Russell Lee Campus of Butler Tech, 3603 Hamilton Middletown Rd, Hamilton, OH 45011.
An election will be held at the meeting to nominate a member of the Butler County Board of Elections for the unexpired term ending February 28, 2019. Members of the Executive Committee are eligible to vote in this election.
The meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. and is open to the public.
Contact the BCDP for directions or questions at 513-896-5201 or stop by headquarters at 224-226 Park Avenue, Hamilton, OH 45013.
Butler County Democratic Party Executive Committee
December 21, 2017 Meeting Agenda:
II. Pledge of Allegiance
III. Declaration of Quorum
IV. Meeting Minutes for November 16, 2017 Executive Committee Meeting
V. Treasurer’s Report
VI. Election to Nominate Member to the Butler County Board of Elections, term commencing March 1, 2017 (voting procedures below)
VII. Membership Nominations:
- Shaquila Matthews to Executive Committee, Ham1wd4
- Mariann Penska to Central Committee, WC9
VIII. Old Business
IX. New Business
Filing Deadline to run for Central Committee in May 8, 2018 Primary is February 7, 2018 at 4pm. Declaration of Candidacy form available at https://www.sos.state.oh.us/globalassets/elections/forms/2-m.pdf
Next Party Meeting – Thursday, January 18, at 7:00pm; Location TBA
Remember to Become a Sustaining Member of the Party:
or return your check payable to the Butler County Democratic Party today!
Voting and Election Procedures from Butler County Democratic Party Constitution and By-laws
A. OPEN VOTING
No secret ballot shall be conducted. Open voting is required by the Democratic National Committee.
B. CASTING VOTES
1. Each member of the Central or Executive Committee shall be entitled to only one (1) vote on any election or issue at any meeting.
2. No voting by proxy shall be allowed.
C. VOTING PROCEDURE
1. The chair will ask for nominations of candidates for one office at a time. Nominations require no seconding. Nominations are closed after the Chair has asked, "Are there any other nominations?" two times without receiving an affirmative response.
2. If there is only one person nominated for any given office, the Chair will declare that person duly elected.
3. If more than one person is nominated for the office of Chair of the Executive Committee, Chair of the Central Committee, or Board Member of the Butler County Board of Elections, each nominee or his or her representative may speak for up to ten (10) minutes. Following the presentations of all candidates nominated for that office, there shall be no more than ten (10) minutes supporting speeches, discussions, and debates, during which the Chair will strive to allow equal time for the supporters of various candidates.
4. If more than one person is nominated for any office other than described in subsection 3 above, each nominee or his or her representative may speak for up to five (5) minutes. Following the presentations of all candidates nominated for that office, there shall be no more than five (5) minutes of supporting speeches, discussions, and debates, during which the Chair will strive to allow equal time for the supporters of various candidates.
5. To be declared elected, a candidate must receive a majority of the votes cast. If no candidate receives a majority of the votes on any ballot, the candidate with the fewest votes is eliminated and another ballot is taken.
1. Any number of members of the Central Committee, present at a duly called and properly noticed meeting shall constitute a quorum.
2. Any number of voting members of the Executive Committee present at a duly called and properly noticed meeting shall constitute a quorum.